Become a Member!
The Friends of Harkness is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports one of Connecticut’s most-loved parks. Over 250,000 visitors come to Harkness Memorial State Park annually. The Friends work productively together, on projects large and small, to enhance the Park. Our 30- year advocacy and labors have done much to restore Harkness to its former glory. As we contribute over 12,500 volunteer hours to the Park per annum, we also happily enjoy one another’s company.
We need your help, as new and renewing members, to continue our decades long work together preserving, promoting and restoring the entire Harkness property. Our ultimate objective is to return the former Eolia estate to its pristine condition when bequeathed in 1950. The Friends of Harkness are dedicated to safeguarding Harkness in a manner in keeping with the will of Mary Harkness, who so generously donated this magnificent property to the people of Connecticut.
Benefits of being a member include
- Receiving the Eolian newsletter quarterly
- Invitation to a Members Picnic in August
- Invitation to a Holiday Party in December
- Joining a close community of Friends in play and work
Just a few very recent accomplishments:
- Restoration and pruning of our Heritage Apple Orchard
- Purchase of furnishings for the Mansion’s guest bedrooms and servants’ quarters
- Screening of a new documentary focused on Beatrix Farrand, Harkness’s primary landscape architect
To Become a New Member or Renew Membership:
Please fill in the following form and submit>>